Sunday, October 19, 2014

Welcome to Foundations of Academic Writing!


Welcome to Foundations of Academic Writing (FAW). My name is John Kotnarowski and I will be your instructor and guide this semester as we take a deeper look into the basic skills necessary to write effectively in academic English. Specifically, we will focus on essay organization and structure, academic style and tone and ways to make your writing as clear and effective as possible. I look forward to meeting everyone and getting off to a great start this semester.

A bit about the course website. This is where I'll be posting outlines and links for every class meeting. It is intended to be used as a virtual supplement to our in-class discussions and assignments. To the right, you will find important class information under the "Class Links" list. Just below, you'll find another link list titled, "Helpful Websites". I encourage to take a look at these helpful resources as we make our way through the semester. Hopefully, you'll find them useful in your own writing.

Please feel free to send me an email whenever you need to get in touch. My email address is: jk.esl.uiuc@gmail.com. I'm excited for what should be an engaging and informative semester for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment