Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Halloween!


Hi all. I hope this post finds you well. I just wanted to share a bit about Halloween! On Friday, October 31st, 2014, people all of the U.S. will celebrate Halloween. But what is Halloween? What are its origins? How do people celebrate it? What are the popular costumes this year? 

Below, I've included a few links below to help you answer all your "Halloween 2014"-related questions. Enjoy and have a "Spook-tacular Halloween"! 
  1. The Origins of Halloween
  2. Classic Halloween Costumes
  3. Charlie Brown & The Great Pumpkin
  4. A Few "Classic" Halloween Jokes
  5. Halloween Music: Rihanna "Disturbia" and "Boris" Pickett "Monster Mash"

BONUS!  Since it's Halloween, here are some obligatory, embarrassing pictures of your teacher in his last Halloween costume. I went as a Zombie teacher! My friends went as other members of a fictional Zombie High School. Enjoy :) 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for interesting information and funny photos :D Unfortunately, we missed Halloween this year. We doubt how to celebrate it in Russia without following all the traditions. But I hope we'll celebrate it somehow next year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kate! Happy to share! The photos are pretty ridiculous, huh? It was a shame we didn't get to celebrate Halloween in class this year. But there are other holidays coming up!

      Delete
  2. Actually, I have something to share, too :D When I was 15 I celebrated Halloween with my friends. The thing is that almost nobody knew about Halloween in my small native town. So, nobody gave as sweets and basically we were considered as stupid and crazy. But anyway it was funny :D Here are some photos: http://cs14106.vk.me/c624019/v624019162/7508/YJPP3Tc8zy4.jpg
    http://cs14106.vk.me/c624019/v624019162/74ea/8CoehpkFSQI.jpg
    P.S. and it was very cold! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so great! I like your adventurous attitude. It's funny to imagine you guys walking around, dressed up like ghosts, zombies and a crazy doctor/surgeon, asking for candy and no one understanding why! Nice work on your costume, too!

      Delete